The aim of National Skills Week is to raise the status of practical and vocational learning, enabling all Australians to gain a greater understanding of the opportunities, their potential and how they contribute to a successful and modern economy.
SPASA NSW is taking part in National Skills Week and is inviting the entire industry as well as new entrants to drop into its headquarters to learn about industry related courses, career pathways, employment options or upgrading of qualifications in the swimming pool & spa industry.
The open day will be held on Thursday August 30 between 10am and 7pm, and anyone and everyone is welcome.
There will be the opportunity to learn about training courses including:
- Certificate III in Swimming Pool Repairs, Servicing & Interior Finishes*
- Certificate III in Swimming Pool Building and Installation
- Certificate IV in Swimming Pool & Spa Building
- Work Safely In the Construction Industry (Construction Induction)
- Tailored Courses
* Learn about the SPASA NSW rollout of the NEW Certificate III and IV Courses when they become available.
You can also learn about Recognised Prior Learning which can be applied for where the individual believes they have the necessary skills to satisfy individual unit performance criteria. Physical evidence will have to be supplied to the trainer to prove competence.