$20.9 million has been allocated in the latest NSW budget to rollout the State’s new planning system, including up to $3 million for community engagement and cultural change.
Key elements of the new system to be funded during 2013-14 include:
– Introduction of the legislation to the parliament in 2013 for commencement in 2014
– Delivery of new Statewide NSW Planning Policies
– Commencement of Regional Growth Plans, Subregional Delivery Plans and Growth Infrastructure Plan
– Establishment of Subregional Planning Boards which will include local council representation
– A number of new ePlanning initiatives to be rolled-out in 2013-14.