“He tangata, he tangata, he tangata,” Warren Wright from Ultimate Pools said as he received the awards for New Zealand Pool of the Year and Business of the Year: “It is the people, the people, the people.”
The major winners for the 2021 SPASA New Zealand Awards of Excellence were:
- Pool of the Year – Ultimate Pools Ltd
- Business of the Year – Ultimate Pools Ltd
- Product of the Year – Fluidra
- Professional of the Year – Mark Bennett, Poolwerx
- Spa of the Year – Spa World
- Best Concrete Pool Builder – Alfresco Pools Ltd
- Best Fibreglass Pool Builder – Ultimate Pools Ltd
- Best Mobile Service Business – Poolwerx Bay of Plenty
- Best Pool Store – Poolside Christchurch
- Best Spa Retailer – Spa World
- Best Supplier – Fluidra
Preceding New Zealand’s first face-to-face sold-out Awards of Excellence was the inaugural New Zealand Industry Summit.
The pair of events was hosted by SPASA New Zealand’s GM Jonty Mills with able support from SPASA Australia’s David Stennett. The day kicked off by bringing industry members together to demonstrate how collectively they will grow, protect and promote all things pools, spas and outdoor living.
A great mix of interactive sessions across investment, education, qualifications, advocacy and marketing was supported by partner benefit presentations and an energetic session with Auckland Council. The event was topped off by a facilitated session on Leading People and a highly entertaining and insightful keynote by New Zealand icon Nigel Latta.
“Both events were we so well supported and there was such a great vibe in the room,” says Mills. “This was about industry coming together to share, listen, learn and celebrate, recognising both the challenges of the past 18 months and also the great opportunities that lie ahead. We’ll be back bigger and better next year!”
IMAGE: 2021 New Zealand Pool of the Year: Ultimate Pools