Urban Escape has won the coveted SPASA National Pool of the Year Award 2019. Director Nick McCarthy says he is over the moon at winning the award. Read the upcoming printed issue of SPLASH! for an interview with the Sydney pool builder and landscaper, and a profile on the winning pool.
The recent National Awards of Excellence gala dinner at the Hilton Adelaide hosted by SPASA Australia saw accolades presented across 62 categories, recognising the remarkable achievements in creativity, innovation and service across the country. Television personality Marianne van Dorslar acted as emcee for the evening.
A highlight of the evening and a popular treat for the attendees was a guest spot by popular “adopted Aussie” Arj Barker, who kept the laughs coming with his wry observations on modern Australian life. Live band the Cast completed the evening by getting everyone onto the dancefloor.
SPASA CEO Lindsay McGrath says vision was on show throughout the evening.
“Work is such a big part of everyone’s lives,” he says. “And the awards showed that great work comes from people who love what they do. These awards show that professionals pursue vision not money. Chase the vision to improve yourself and your offering – and the money follows.”
The awards culminated in the major winners which were proudly presented to:
• Pool of the Year – Urban Escape
• Spa of the Year – Quality Dolphin Pools
• Commercial Project of the Year – Suncatcher Pools
• Retailer of the Year – Swimart Jindalee
• Employee of the Year – Anita Zaplin of Summer Daze Pools & Inspections
• Concrete Pool Builder of the Year – Environ Pools
• Fibreglass Pool Builder of the Year – Rainwise Clearview
• Supplier of the Year – Focus Products
• Product of the Year – Sunbather
Click here for a full list of winners or read the upcoming issue of SPLASH!